Saturday, May 17, 2008

ABC, doe ray me..

Howdy! I am having a nice weekend to myself as my hard-working half is off on a buck's weekend. Now there has been no contact, as are the strict conditions of a buck's weekend, so I have no idea what activities they may be engaging in....
I on the other hand have been engaging in the exciting, but much needed endeavour, of house cleaning. However, I"ve put down the gloves for a moment to reflect on something I saw on a friend's blog. Well, when I say reflect, I mean steal and use for my blog. Looked like a good idea for a Sunday morning (as would Church if I was good) so here goes....

ABC's Of Me

Accent: Australian as it comes...until you talk to someone in the UK and they don't believe you're not british!
Book that I like: As poor Murray, who started a book club recently to which I am invited would bemoan, I don't read much/at all anymore! It's truly terrible! However when I was in Bamaga I did read the Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (I didn't make that up she is Nigerian). I also love The Alchemist by Paulo Choelo and a few of his other books too. For a good laugh Nick Earls novels or the hilarious Bill Bryson (esp. A Walk in the Woods).
Chore I don’t care for: Washing up/folding clothes/ironing...hmm I'm not a natural domestic godess.
Dog or Cat: I hunt both kinds (Brilliant Answer from Stuart) but i would go Cat. No surprises there. I love a good border collie though - but we are NOT getting a dog anytime soon due to very small back yard. Despite my friends and refugee family thinking a dog would be fun...as they (refugee family) think us having a child would be fun, so they could babysit all the time (which hey, I'm not going to say no to should it ever happen!).
Essential Electronics: ooh toss up between computer and PCR thermocycler...
Favorite food: Whoa where do I start or stop! EVERYTHING including, in moderation ofcourse; chocolate and desserts of all varieties.
Gold or Silver: Both - why limit your options (eh Andrew).
Handbag I carry most often: One my friend Niti persuaded me to buy..the trouble of shopping with good friends! It is a tanish coloured big bag that I can lose just about everything in..ah that's where the camera tripod went.
Insomnia: Zzzzzzz
Job Title: Who am I: I enjoy squashing poor unsuspecting organisms between glass, I am the Kay Scarpetta of the plant world - loving nothing better than a good dead body and a good post mortem examination, I try and identify nasty organisms that try and sneak into our country and aprehend them, I am the poor cousin to Entomologist's........I am a Plant Pathologist for Quarantine!
Living Arrangements: Usually I share a house, that will in 35yrs be ours, with a male, sometimes a crazy cyborg from outer space, and a few other insects that won't take surface spray for an answer.
Most Admirable Trait: I have no-one to ask for this one atm, so personally I like the fact that I"m loyal and have a joie de vivre!
Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: I stole some 5c pieces out of my parents spare change collection and with a friend up the road we road down to the local shops and bought....fruit..ok, lollies. On the way back though, who should be coming down the street but my parents! So, that heady adventure was cut short and I couldn't even enjoy the profits of my crime - hence my sweet-seeking behaviour ever since.
Overnight hospital stays: When I was 6 to get my tonsils out.
Phobias: None that I'd admit to my readers who, like Sal, would make use of this information for evil purposes (muh ha ha ha haaa). That or I've been burnt by my father who took advantage of the fact that I didn't like cockroaches and chased me round the house with the things! See, the evil of Entomologists!
Quote: "Life's uncertain, Eat Dessert First" - my ever enduring Garfield quote. However, now that I"m nearly 28 I should move on...but there's nothing that springs to mind yet.
Religion: Christian - lapsing by the Sunday!
Siblings: Nope and if my friend, Sal is anything to go by then that would explain everything!
Time I wake up: Weekdays 6amish. Weekends - 6amish (doh)!
Unusual Talent or Skill: I have an unnerving (to Andrew) talent for guessing surprises and endings to mysteries - which comes from living in my own world abit and daydreaming lots of possible situations. I can blow and pop bubbles in my sleep - poor Claire and Andrew can fill you in on that.
Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Squash and brussel sprouts are not my dining buddies of choice.
Worst Habit: Picking scabs, pimples, dry skin on my lips - I can't stand them so they have to go. Leaving lots of red, raw infected areas instead = makes complete sense to me!
X-rays: Teeth..boring.
Yummy Stuff: Give me anything sweet...
Zoo Animal I Like Most: I'm not a fan of zoo's with those poor animals kept in such tiny confines..however I do like the free range zoo's abit more, so I'd go for a wombat or a hippopotamus. I obviously have something going for big stomached beasts! No relation to my life that I can equate.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stop thief!

Actually, this was highly amusing and I might actually adapt it for one of my own postings.

SF said...

haha, we got some laughs from this :)