Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blue will just not do, warm-white is the winner!

Ah tis (nearly) Christmas!

Ah tis a bad girl who has been buying christmas lights instead of blogging.....

but they are so pretty (sigh), especially when you can make them do different flashy things (so sayeth the three yr old child that I've regressed to).



The other night I made a desperate search of Big W to find another set of these gorgeous star -shaped fairy lights which hang in our doorway. These lights which see me sit mesmerised on the sofa just staring at them with a silly grin on my face repeating to Andrew "aw they're soo pretty!". He turns his head fractionally and "mmm's" at me. Why I am surrounded by such an unappreciative audience! And alas, the search proved fruitless. Big W has sold out of the warm-white star lights! (I made the poor sales assistant ring half of QLD just to be sure).


Blue will just not do! And multicoloured?! Well christmas light etiquette you do fall behind in, for they are only for the christmas tree ofcourse!


Now onto the tree......time to deck the halls and tinsel-trim the tree....


2 comments:

SF said...

These lights ARE so pretty, Jen!! We have little stars on our tree amid the tiny white fairy lights.... and yes, warm-white is the winner for me too. :)

The stars look so nice in your home.. would love to come see it one of these days.
We're in Brisbane from Thurs.18th - Sun. 21st if that's any help! Mum and ray now live across the road from Carindale shopping centre...

jazzy cat said...

Excellent Min! I am on leave from the 19th onwards....so we could possibly arrange a meet up one day which is convenient for you? At our place perhaps? Otherwise happy to come to your parents...