Friday, August 29, 2008

"To Do"

How I love a good list - and now that I'm ON HOLIDAY it is the perfect time to get the pen out and some dot points down!

Here's what I hope to (and will not) achieve over the next two weeks:

... because hey, while the list is good for the listee it's not exactly a stimulating form of entertainment. But I'm stuck for what to write on short notice - so with glazed eyes or otherwise, attempt to read on:

1) Clean (properly) the house - this includes the dreaded dusting
2) Put tools into garage into organised unit, that currently reside in box in second bedroom
3) Fix plastic storage unit to door under sink to organise plastic lids from takeaway containers (don't know where they came from since I cook 7 nights a week ;-) )
4) Speak to next door neighbours re: tree removal - yes our disgusting palms are going to be removed one day in the near future to make way for a 'proper' garden of natives and such like
5) Craft projects including: painting, putting saved fabric pieces into picture frames, blackboard
6) Draw up sketch of new improved laundry for Dad - whose wonderfully agreed to build for us
7) Draw up plans for my new improved garden (minus palms and chinese elm weed tree)
8) Phone Claire o'seas!!!!
9) Visit Mum
10) Arrange pampering get together with girls
11) Buy much needed household items - ahem, read excuse for shopping
12) Enjoy the delights of coffee out!!! How I love an excuse for a free mag with some caffeine!
13) Go to Byron Bay for three days with Andrew and avert eyes from nudist beach we are 50m from!
14) GET FIT! - which is not in any way hindered by a "31 days of chocolate" buffet I have planned. I must, I must, decrease my distrust, of exercise.
15) Research and cement ideas for my company!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Neil said...

16) Visit N,N&N. Little N isn't so little anymore, and if you don't come over for lunch Friday 12th he'll beat you up.

jazzy cat said...

Deal! If only to get little N off my case..I can't resist his methods of persuasion.

SF said...

So,.... time for an update Jen!! What have you achieved thus far? Even if it can be summed up with "rest and eat chocolate", that is a very good use of holiday time!! Ah, holidays. How wonderful :)
Wish I could see your home sometime. By the time I do, you'll have probably done so much to it/ within it that it will be different. Oh well. It sure would be nice to get together! I'm thinking of you, and hoping you're getting some decent rest and working through that list in whatever capacity you feel like. :)

Steph said...

I'm up for a cake outing if you feel up to hanging out with woman and cute
3 month old bub. sorry we haven't had you round yet sor cup cakes a la steph.