Friday, April 11, 2008

Illuminations (of the week)..

Now that I've alientated at least half of my blogger readers (of which I no doubt assume there are vast quantities - hence leaving a sole/soul one) with such a philisophical and controversial previous posting - let's get light hearted. Truly! No thinking necessary - today is reflection and illumination..

Week of the 13th

High 5's (in order and merit of no intended consequence):

1. Andy Warhol Exhibition at GOMA = 7/10
2. Movie - Before the Devil knows you're dead = 8/10
3. Afghan family visit and 'learning' amazingly incomprehensible farsi phrases = 8.5/10
4. Discovering the 'stamping' craze (and I ain't talking dance) and simultaneously promoting myself to most desirable guest to have at a stamping party (ahh,because of my charm Andrew!)= 9/10
5. Bargain ebay shopping payoff - welcome one dining room table to our abode and thereby open invitations to one and all for dinner at our place = 9/10

Down Low:

1. Forthcoming trip to Cape York township of Bamaga for work, leaving Sun 13th. I shall be participating in survey work with NAQS (Northern Australian Quarantine Service), looking for lurgies of the mycological, entomological and botanical variety ie. fungi, bugs and weeds. NOT looking forward to this as much as I should be - the prospect of a week in the beating sun with my incompetence being outed to older, esteemed scientist funnily enough doesn't fill me with much excitement = 2/10.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Methinks you've caught some "top 5" fever from that husband of yours - let alone the ratings out of 10.

I am also cautiously curious about this "stamping" craze of which you speak.

As to Bamaga, I think you should embrace it wholeheartedly, learn and enjoy. After all, most of us don't get to these parts of the world. That said, we eargerly await your return.