Friday, September 12, 2008

J and A to the rescue..

Have you missed me? Us?


The collective 'we' of the Hargorrisons?!




Oh I see, it's like that is it!


I'm away for a few days and suddenly it's the silent treatment. Well, as I learnt from my cat -once I bang the tin you'll come a running again! Hmm or else just let sleeping cats lie?!..


Alternatively, I'll take the humming silence as your collective indrawn anticipatory breaths...


and release.



Jazzy Cat is back.


It's been, goodness me, nearly four days since we've returned from our Bryon Bay escape and I've been remiss in not reporting in to my cyberspace minder. But what I truly have been remiss in doing, is filling you (my stalwart cyberspace bloggees) all in on a few more classic conversations between my beloved and I.


J and A to the rescue! So without further adieu:



1.
Andrew: "Is that a recruitment place?" - (referring to a building with the sign: "Extra Staff") - Me: "that or a chinese"


note: I'm so glad I chose the alpha male?!



2.
Andrew: "..didn't recognise you" (as I 'surprised' him one day in the house)
Me: "yeah 48secs can do that to you"


note: that and removal of prescription lenses at close range



3.
Andrew and I were watching the crap movie, (Crap with a capital C), "Something's Gotta Give" the other night. As the two main octagenerian's begin to get it on in the movie, (while I cower), Andrew pipes up from the opposite couch:

Andrew: "..my polyps are up!"
Me: "ah that's great?...." (and collapse into paradoxies of laughter)

note: Andrew has polyps in his nose, large obstructions basically, which cause him and thereby me grief. He can't breath quietly, and I have to try and sleep beside a rasping jet engine each night.

and for a new segment:

"You know you've married an old man when...":

a. he can't walk in a straight line
(He says I was going in the wrong direction - the direction we had both agreed on - but he seemed to want to pursue the path of most resistance ie. direct into me!)
b. he collects soap in his ear and takes great delight in telling you about it each day
(we've taken economising to new lengths)
c. he can't hear you when you're right beside him
(He says I'm a mumbler - I say that's true - to an extent. TO AN EXTENT ANDREW!)

....any connections here. Connections?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awww I love that movie - cracks me up!! It's on channel 9 right now, in fact! lol

mmmmm nasal polyps... that's so hot right now ;)

SF said...

yes, i have indeed been missing these J and A conversations!! Love the "didn't recognise you" one! :) You two really make me laugh!!

Caleb said...

Andrew: "..my polyps are up!"

Who says romance is dead!